About the Berkey Go Berkey Kit 1 qt
The Go Berkey Kit Portable Water Purification System is a fully portable way to filter water on the go.
This compact Go Berkey Kit is designed for camping, backpacking, school, on your desk at work, travel, in times of emergency or hundreds of other activities. It is lightweight and easily transportable.
It goes along with a generic Sport Berkey portable water purifier bottle that is perfect for when you are out on the trail, and the Go Berkey system works perfectly for passive purification back at the campsite, lodge, etc.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 10″ in height
- Maximum Filters: One Black Berkey Purification Element (upper chamber)
- Kit includes: upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 Black Berkey Purification Element, 1 wingnut, 1 washer, 1 priming button, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 Generic Sport Berkey Bottle (22 oz.), vinyl carrying case and Black Berkey Primer
- Height when in use: 14″
- Diameter: 4″
- Weight: 2.4 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 or 2 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with 1 Black Berkey Purification Element, the Go Berkey Kit can produce up to one gallon (3.8 liters) of purified drinking water per hour
- Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement
- Not compatible with Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
This system comes standard with the following:
- Go Berkey Stainless Steel Water Filter
- Black Berkey Filter
- Sport Berkey Bottle (22 oz.)
- Vinyl Carrying Case
- Upper and lower chambers
- 1 Black Berkey Purification Element
- 1 wingnut
- 1 washer
- 1 priming button
- 1 stainless steel lid
- Black Berkey Primer
The Go Berkey system uses the highly powerful Black Berkey filter that removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes.
It also reduces unhealthy heavy metals such as lead and mercury. Like the other systems, this system is powerful enough to remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs.
It does do an excellent job of filtering out toxins and delivering a superior, great tasting drinking water.